Friday, September 5, 2008

B-E-L-I-E-V-E



Mark 9:24 “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

I am in a season of tests and trials. In my many circumstances of attack from the devil, one thing stands true: I MUST TRUST AND BELIEVE WHAT GOD SAYS. When I look over my life right now and see how much that I am dealing with now, I can't help my human nature when it starts to sway. I tend to put a spotlight on my situations and make them the center of attention. So I am making it a point to strengthen and empower my belief in these uncertain times.

One thing I do notice from a lot of people, including myself, is when the storms of life start raging around them and in them, their belief becomes shaky. I see uncertainty all over from not knowing what to do or how to do it. We know our God is faithful to His word but it seems like an everyday battle just to believe. When things are going right in our lives, we tend to, of course, be happier and have no worries. We profess our beliefs at the drop of a hat and smile bright as the sunny days in Houston. Then comes those times of despair when we get the dark clouds over our heads and rainy days seem to follow us around. The boat gets to rocking and our belief goes overboard to drown in despair. It is always easier said than done to believe that your situation is going to work in your favor. It is a hard task at hand to focus on God when it seems as though the devil is having a party in your house. It is difficult when trying times try you from every angle and push you to the edge of giving up. Yes, we are perplexed and bewildered at a point in time but we must remember that when the enemy is in our life on the attack, believing God is our only weapon for war.

Belief is what we choose to do everyday. Belief is not something that we put to the side once we have finished playing with it. Belief comes with our faith. Belief is what we need to seek out and grasp with our hearts. If I were to put action with Believe this is what I suggest:

B - Boldness - Declare in your situation that you will trust in God and hope for the better. Bravery comes from your assurance and God's possibilities.

E - Excitement - Raise your head to the sky and don't be down in the dumps. God has a great plan for your life.

L - Love - Your hearts desire will come through with God's love towards your circumstances. Love the lessons learned.

I - Inspire - Reach out and help others who may be going through what you already experienced. Don't take your problem as an assault against you but receive it as a weapon for your future instructions.

E - Enjoyment - Live life to the fullest. Benefit from the abundance that God has promised you.

V - Victorious - Claim the victory in your situation even if you are still going through it. Take what God is showing you to build yourself up.

E - Endurance - Don't give up. Use your faith and let God fight your battles. The road may be long but God rewards the righteous.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”

1 comment:

Lisa C. aka Trophy of Grace said...

I did a posting not too long ago called "Feel Like Giving Up?". I was going through something myself and the Holy Spirit encouraged me and this is what I wrote..

Do you ever feel like enough is enough? You’ve been trusting and believing God’s words and promises to you, but you just feel like you want to give up. So do I! So do a lot of people who are going through trials and tribulations. However, giving up on God can NEVER be an option! “Now the just shall live by faith; but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in Him” (Hebrews 10:38)

We must remember that His mercy and kindness endure forever and He will never allow us to go through these trials without helping us all the way. He is always faithful to comfort us when we need it. God is our refuge and strength. He is a very present help in trouble. Through patience and comfort of the scriptures we have hope. (Psalm 118, Psalm 46:1, Romans 15:4)

The test and trials that we go thru will cause different emotions to manifest at different times. When you are at the point where you just want to give up and throw in the towel anger may be the main emotion that you experience. You might begin to be tempted to give in to the thoughts of doubt that the enemy will put in your mind. He will try to play on this emotion of anger, so you have got to snap out of it quickly!

The best thing to do is to talk to our Lord about how you are feeling. Pray and cry out to Him. Psalm 57:2 says, “I will cry out to God Most High, to God who accomplishes all things for me.” So let it all out. It’s ok to tell Him that you are tired and ready to give up. It’s ok to say “Help me Lord. I am weak.” Be real with him because that is what He works with, your realness. When we humble ourselves before Him He will lift us up. Our Heavenly Father says, “MY grace is sufficient for you. MY strength is made perfect in weakness. If you will humble yourselves under my mighty hand I will lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on ME because I care for you.”( 2 Corinthians 12:9, 1 Peter 5:6-7)

We must learn to not to be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, to present our requests to God. Then the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Once we have prayed we are to begin to meditate on the truth of God’s word. (Philippians 4:8-9) It helps me when I remember that:

Ø God’s Word is Truth. He is not a man, that he should lie. His Word does not return void it will accomplish what He desires and it has purpose. (Psalm 119:160, Numbers 23:19, Isaiah 55:11)
Ø God will liberally supply (fill to the full) our every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
Ø He protects us and never leaves us! (Psalm 91, 18:2, 121:3-8, Joshua 1:5)
Ø It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is His stability and faithfulness! (Lamentations 3:22-23)

So let us not give up on doing good, trusting, and serving God because if we don’t quit we will reap our harvest. Stay focused and determined. Most of all stay prayed up and full of the Word. (Galatians 6:9)

Lord, Help us to keep pushing and praying. Let’s not give up because we know that our breakthrough is coming soon. You are our joy and hope. In Jesus name..Amen.